Wir respektieren Ihren Datenschutz.
Wir respektieren Ihren Datenschutz.
Wir verwenden auf unserer Website Cookies, um sie möglichst nutzerfreundlich gestalten zu können. Wir bitten Sie daher um Ihre Zustimmung zu deren Verwendung.
Diese Cookies sind essenziell für die korrekte Darstellung der Webseite:
Werden zur Erstellung von Statistiken genutzt und ermöglichen uns, die Website für unsere Besucher zu optimieren.
Wird verwendet, um Daten über das Nutzerverhalten und das Gerät des Nutzers an Google Analytics zu senden. Trackt den Besucher über verschiedene Geräte und Marketingkanäle.
Getzner, Mutter & Cie. was founded in 1818 and is therefore one of the oldest industrial companies in Europe. A company history that spans 200 years and the fact that the business has been owner-managed by the same family throughout this time have turned a regional textile company into an internationally successful group of companies. We are now well-known for our high-tech expertise and the development of premium-quality products.
Articles of association, 1818
Christian Getzner, Franz Xaver Mutter and Andreas Gassner signed the articles of association for their new company “Getzner, Mutter & Cie.” on 1 August 1818. Their primary business activity was the manufacture and marketing of textiles.
Co-founder Christian Getzner, 1782–1848
In those years, the number of hand weavers working from home was at a record high. Getzner, Mutter & Cie. employed almost 3,000 handloom weavers working in homes throughout the Vorarlberg Oberland region.
Klarenbrunn spinning mill, 1893
Klarenbrunn spinning mill went into operation. It was the first local factory lit by electric lighting. In the same year, a private telephone network was installed that connected all Getzner companies with each other.
The spinning and weaving mill in Bürs was considerably extended.
Spinning and weaving mill Lünersee, 1898
The first coloured cloth weaving mill with 288 mechanical power looms began production in 1871. However, at this point, there were still almost 4,000 handloom weavers working in homes throughout the Vorarlberg Oberland region.
Alvier plant, 1932
The Alvier plant at the egress of the Bürs gorge went into operation. It was the first and largest of the company’s four hydropowered power plants.
Getzner Bleiche, 1936
Photograph of the “Getzner Bleiche” weaving mill in Bludenz taken in 1936. The present Getzner Textil head office and main production site has been in operation since 1827 and was acquired by Getzner, Mutter & Cie. in 1854.
Getzner Chemie, 1971
The company Getzner Chemie – now Getzner Werkstoffe – was established as a subsidiary. It began to produce polyurethane fabrics for vibration damping in 1975.
Getzner Datendienst was founded in 1974 and operated as an independent company until 1987.
Getzner Datendienst service centre, 1987
New Getzner Textil office building, 1989
The company’s textile division became Getzner Textil AG. Getzner, Mutter & Cie. now took over the functions of a holding company.
Getzner Textil extended its technical fabrics expertise and know-how between 2014 and 2016 with the acquisition of the subsidiaries TFE, Herbert KNEITZ, Blaha Textilveredelung and SR Webatex.
Subsidiary TFE Textil, 2018
Getzner Holding celebrated its 200th anniversary. Over the previous decades, Getzner Textil successfully strengthened its position in the market with the establishment of numerous subsidiaries throughout the German-speaking countries, whilst Getzner Werkstoffe set up a number of international branches.
Getzner Werkstoffe, 2020
With 43 million euros, Getzner Werkstoffe made the highest investment in its company history. The new extension of the company’s main site in Bürs equalled 8,000 m² of newly built floor space.
200 years of Getzner Group
film about the anniversary celebrations 2018